ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management (Higher)
QCF Level 5
This Association of Business Executive (ABE) course prepares students for employment roles including Management Trainee and Secretary. The Higher Diploma contains a range of modules which are relevant to general management and to business.
Students who successfully complete the Level 5 Higher Diploma may progress to the Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Business Management.
Six mandatory modules:
- Quantitative Methods for Business Management
- The Business Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
Two optional modules from:
- Principles of Business Law
- Managerial Accounting
- Economics for Business
- Managing the Customer Relationship
The three-hour written external examinations are held twice a year (usually the first week in June and December). ABE manages the entire examination process.
• Minimum age: 18
• Applicants must have attained at least one of the following:
- An ABE Level 4 Diploma or equivalent
- Two GCE A Levels or any Level 3 equivalent together with four GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English and Mathematics
- BTEC National Diploma or international equivalent
- An Access Certificate from a UK College of Further Education
- Any NVQ Level 3 qualification
• Applications are also welcomed from students who do not hold a formal entry qualification but have been in appropriate employment for at least two years. A signed and dated reference letter from the student's employer(s) must accompany all such applications.
• English language: Minimum IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent)
Awarding Body: The Association of Business Executives
Hours per week: 15 – 18
Mode of Study: Full time
Duration: 1 year
For complete programme specification please